RSS

Is this engineering?

i'm annoyed at the way we are made to study engineering.

there is nothing that i'm learning worthwhile :( it's only in the exam point of view and not in the life point of view. the engineering is something i need to remember for a life time and not forget within just one semester.
but i'm not generalizing each and every college in the country... just some like my college. :( and on statistics, my college has been placed number one among the affiliated colleges in my state for Civil Dept. so i hope you get the scenario.


We are made to learn the problems by writing them some number of times (I hate to call it... “Imposition“) instead of getting the basics right and then proceeding, that too in the structural design paper. This is not the way I want to learn engineering. The trainings we took up at the construction sites, for some two weeks during the summer, proved to be more fruitful than two years of my engineering put together. 

i'm seriously considering quitting my engineering and joining as an apprentice at some construction site, at least that way i'l get the knowledge i want and do some real engineering. ;) *just kidding*



  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

7 comments:

THE UNKNOWN TRAVELLER said...

i totally agree with you...!!
im just fed up....
its such a wide and amazing feild , this method of education creates nothing but hatred :(

Raj - Only name sake !! said...

Girls Chill!!

Engineering is not what they teach us , we learn ourselves and will show them its true meaning...
BTW: Which college?

CIVILPRINCESS said...

no ES. what i'm saying is we are forced to just by heart the design procedure without any idea why this happens. if we refer to some other books and ask doubt they say my doubt is invalid :( but as you said i'm not gonna wait for them to teach me any engineering. i'm helping myself out by taking part in the tech fests for designing and software contests trying to learn them by making mistakes along the way :) btw i'm in a college called MSEC in chennai.:)

Raj - Only name sake !! said...

You are doing the good thing by learning yourself!

I thought you are telugu!!

CIVILPRINCESS said...

yeah my mother tongue is Telugu. but i'm born and brought up in Chennai. in fact i hardly have two relatives in Andra ;)

THE UNKNOWN TRAVELLER said...

civil princess knows nothing in Telugu but RANA :P
2 years back i asked her to teach me .. she taught me one line . :P

CIVILPRINCESS said...

hey come on sarayu! i know my language! you were not too keen. you kept forgetting stuff too ;)

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts! :)